Friday, March 11, 2011

A Place Between Journeys.

When I arrived at my harbor, I had just weathered a tumultuous and long-lasting storm... the kind of a storm that no one wants to experience...the kind of a storm that comes from human error, poor judgment, and bad decisions that were made outside of my will, by one who was close to me. That said, I now know what it means to carry a cross for the sake of someone else.  Simply put, forgiveness is the answer.....But, I am not a martyr.... I  have my faults too (as do those who pass judgment).  I survived that storm in part, because auto-pilot kicked in and carried me one nautical mile after another, until the shore was in sight.  So too, I survived because of the grace of God's angels....those of heaven and those of earth....those who helped....those who kept vigil in the lighthouse. I shall forever be grateful to them. Ultimately, I found safe harbor and only came in off of the water once the sea was settled and the winds shifted directions.....at last......gently.

Looking ahead, I see that the inner harbor not only provides a haven for reprieve, recovery, and restoration, it also provides a place for reflection, planning, and anticipation. I am only now beginning to dream again, to plan again, and to enjoy the moment that I am in once more .... that place between journeys....a place where the morning air beckons.....a place where I can make new acquaintances, reconnect with old friends, chart new adventures, and.......live!

No comments:

Post a Comment